Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Victory Pictures

I was just reviewing the list of Obama cabinet and white house staff and noticed sprinkled with other pictures were good amount of "Iraq" ones. It made me think of the victory pictures of triumphant army posing with the dead bodies of the enemy. I wondered how Iraqi children will feel about these pictures once they realize their parents and family members were killed for no reason and too salt the wound the victorious army brought technocrats and politicians to the occupied land so they could see the prize and take pictures for the folks back home.

The most grotesque picture that I remember was of Robert Gates standing with soldiers holding "Texas A&M AGGIES" banner, his old stumping ground. It made me sad and more pessimistic about state of our UNION. The picture yet again reminded me of the Abu Gharib scenes of solders taking pictures with dead and alive prisoners.

I hope I'm not the only one that is disgusted here ---

No comments: