Thursday, January 13, 2005

I heard today why our soldiers hands are being tied behind their back fighting this war in Iraq. This came from a Vietnam vet. The old soldier thinks if the enemy has a gun you have all the right to shoot and kill no questions asked, at least that is how he killed back then. If a Cong fired at him he would shoot in his direction no matter who was in his way even women and children.

I can't imagine being in that position and not wanting to shoot everything in sight, that is a basic animal instinct. But last time I checked we the freedom loving people of the this country keep announcing how civilized we are, so that argument will not fly.

I tried, knowing it wouldn't work to say that is true if you are faced with a enemy army but not when you are an occupier with ZERO moral or legal standing to be there.

I guess I was wasting my time with this guy. But the funny thing is that I like him as person. I just think he is not getting it and also since that logic has worked for him all these years then its not his problem. Go figure!!

This is the story of the America, so blinded by pride and blind patriotism that otherwise decent people can say such things and think they are RIGHT>

No comments: